Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- information about your lifestyle, general health, family history and medical information including in relation to your inflammatory bowel disease, that you provide to us directly through your use of our CCCare system or indirectly through your medical service providers from whom you permit us to collect information;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our CCCare system or indirectly through your use of our CCCare system or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us or in relation to your care.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register with a medical service provider and consent to your medical service provider’s use of our CCCare system;
- directly register on our CCCare system;
- communicate with us through correspondence, by telephone, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our CCCare system, sites, services, content and advertising.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable and facilitate your medical service provider’s use of the CCCare system and their provision of health care services to you using the CCCare system;
- to de-identify your personal information which may then be disclosed in a de-identified form to third parties including the Australian New Zealand Inflammatory Bowel Disease Consortium (ANZIBDC) for research purposes;
- to enable you to access and use our website, services and the CCCare system;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise the CCCare system and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us, including your medical service providers and the relevant institutions where you receive your care (hospitals and universities);
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law;
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our CCCare system, websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our services to you); and
- professional advisers, dealers and agents.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We do not disclose your personal information to entities outside of Australia.
Using our website and cookies
We will collect personal information about you when you use and access the CCCare system.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on the CCCare system. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form and we may store your personal information using a third party cloud provider. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we encrypt all data in the CCCare system and restrict who may access data stored in the system. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Crohn’s Colitis Cure
Level 15, 1 O’Connell Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000